WARNING: Flashing any custom firmware to your device will trip the KNOX Warranty Bit. At this time, this is irreversible, and might cause you problems when returning faulty devices to T-Mobile or Samsung. YMMV.
- Recognize that this will trip KNOX.
- Be sure you're actually already running the 5.1.1 (OF8) firmware. If you're on 5.0.2 (OCG, for example), this thread is not for you.
- Turn on "OEM unlocking" in Settings -> Developer options. This is the dreaded "FRP LOCK" that prohibits custom firmware from being flashed to the G925T/G920T (and maybe others) - it's something new in 5.1.1.
- Download and Odin-flash my v13 of TWRP 2.8.7.x.
- Download and Odin-flash (or TWRP-flash) my v1 build of the OF8 kernel. G920T users should use the appropriate G920T kernel for their device.
- (Optional): Download and TWRP-flash Chainfire's SuperSU v2.49
- The latest test release is:
BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip (.zip format).
- (Advice): Use Titanium Backup or some other app to freeze/disable/uninstall "SecurityLogAgent" (remove nagging about security) and "com.tmobile.pr.adapt" (remove nagging about root, helps with sleep, and may be used by T-Mobile to determine your rooted status).
Here's the Odin-flashable OF6 kernel I've built:
Version 1 (6/25/15) - built from OF6 stock kernel source, no modifications
Version 2 (6/27/15) - built from OF6 stock kernel source, fixes boot-loop
Version 3 (6/28/15) - built from OF6 stock kernel source, fixes boot-loop and allows root
Version 4 (6/28/15) - built from OF6 stock kernel source, fixes boot-loop, allows root, and fixes Deep Sleep - also available as a TWRP-flashable .zipor Flashify .img
Here's the Odin-flashable OF8 kernel I've built:
Version 1 (8/10/15) - built from OF8 stock kernel source, fixes boot-loop, allows root, and fixes Deep Sleep - also available as a TWRP-flashable .zip orFlashify .img
Here's the Odin-flashable TWRP recovery I've put together:
Version 13 (7/10/15) - also available as a Flashify .img
And, in case you need it, here's the stock OF8 recovery as an Odin-flashable:
OF8 Stock Recovery - No guarantees it won't trip KNOX (it shouldn't), but if you're needing this, you've probably already tripped KNOX.